Everybody in the Red Brick Building
For signed, personalized copies, order online from Black Pearl Books and write your personalization request in the “instructions or comments” section during checkout.
A chain reaction of noises wakes several children (and a cat) living in an apartment building. But it’s late into the night, so despite the disturbances, one by one, the building’s inhabitants return to their beds—this time, with a new set of sounds to lull them to sleep.
This timeless bedtime picture book features diverse characters and a rhythm so perfect that it’ll prepare little readers for slumber themselves.
- Ezra Jack Keats Award Honoree
- Kids’ Indie Next pick
- Junior Library Guild Gold Standard Selection
- Boston Globe Best Book of 2021
- Booklist 2021 Editors’ Choice Book
- BCALA Best of the Best 2021 Book
- Finalist for the Golden Kite Award for Picture Book Text
- Finalist for the Brigid Erin Flynn Award from the Texas Institute of Letters
- Finalist for the 2021 Writers League of Texas Award for Picture Books
Praise for Everybody in the Red Brick Building
“Certain to become a favorite bedtime book.” —Kirkus Reviews, starred review
“A sound-evocative tour de force.” —Booklist, starred review
“In this lulling story by debut author Wynter, readers watch a group of people confront the same common communal experience—and overcome it.” —Publishers Weekly, starred review
“In this cumulative picture book, debut author Anne Wynter and Caldecott Honor illustrator Oge Mora knock it out of . . . well, out of the red brick building. . . . This gentle sonic adventure is just right for sending children off to sleep.” —Bookpage, starred review
“The subtle diversity, urban setting, and universality of theme make this an excellent addition to bedtime bookshelves everywhere.” —The Horn Book, starred review
“Together, [Mora and Wynter] create the stuff that storytime dreams are made of.” —Bookpage